Saturday, July 23, 2011

Baden Baden

Arrived in Baden-Baden, Germany last night after a very long drive. Not much to tell, except that it's very weird to watch How I Met Your Mother dubbed in German. Saw the Baden-Baden train station though. Which is probably not interesting to anyone,except for those who know my dad builds Fleischman train setups (like the Diorama in Efteling), and the train station he owns is the Baden-Baden one. Also, the restaurant we ate at last night seemed to be the local slutty-girl hangout. Or maybe all German gils between 14 and 16 dress that way. Could be, British and Irish girls are the same.


About to have breakfast and then we head of to Peschiera del Garda, Italy. I will do my best to keep you all updated through here, through I am not sure how much Internat access I will have once I get there. There's thepromise of WiFi, but the hotel here hadthe same promise and charges 6 euro to use it, so I am down in the lobby on a silly keyboard that keeps tempting me to type z instead of y because they're switched. Also, punctiation has become a whole new kind of challenge.


We drive another 600km today, so I am sure tonight I will be exhausted once more. Hopefully, sunday will involve some sort of cultural-vacantiony activities, but it might be boring and consist of reading Frank-The Conquest of Cool and writing 1000 words of Anthropological bla bla for my thesis.


Much love, I'll be in touch.


xxx Evi

No comments:

Post a Comment