Friday, December 30, 2011

Reds, Pinks and Golds

On the 20th of December, friend and photographer Erik Jansen  asked me if I knew any make up artists who would be able to come to his shoot last minute. My reply was no, but as he made clear that without one the shoot would probably not happen, I asked him what he was looking for and offered to much about a bit myself. I sent him some google images, and mentioned I still had some gold leaf laying around the house. 


And so it began. 


On the 21st of December, I met Erik and his Model at the DNA (De Nieuwe Academie) Midwinter Fair, which unfortunately, due to bad planning on their part and a lot of cancellations from others, wasn't really a "fair" as much as it was one single food vendor, a DJ, some very bad bands performing (most people thought it was a random jam-session, the music really wasn't very good) and one lone photographer: Erik. 


We decided to make the best of it, set up our things and got to work. In the end, quite a few people showed up, looked around and showed interest. It's a bit funny how many people were hoping to take advantage and get their own photo taken for free for all kinds of personal and commercial reasons. 


All photographs and the associated rights belong to Erik Jansen

We got to playing around a bit, and I found myself functioning as his make-up artist, gopher, extra tripod and all round assistant, this is some of what we produced one rainy night in a tent outside an old factory. 


All photographs and the associated rights belong to Erik Jansen




All photographs and the associated rights belong to Erik Jansen

No comments:

Post a Comment